Re: Which Linux for Mac works best with Swarm?

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: Re: Which Linux for Mac works best with Swarm?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:14:50 -0800

I'm in the same boat. I had Swarm working on my Linux PPC for a number of months, until a terrible and fatal hard drive crash did bad things. I have been pursuing other research interests for a while (I have been doing brain imaging of political thinking) and want to use Swarm on Mac OS X. I am planning on installing OS X in the next month and will be glad to help with the port at that time. But, I must confess I am not the best with Linux type stuff.

So, count me in.

        Darren

 >Please, Mac users, speak up!

I am a Mac user and I have run various PPC Linuxes in the past.   However,
there is not enough other software that runs under Linux PPC to make that
my production OS.  I currently have a running Swarm installation on a
Compaq UNIX box.
I would very much like to get Swarm running on my desktop computer and
portable which run Mac OS X.  I don't think this is so far away.  The gcc
3.1 compiler seems to build most of the time now.  So I am hoping to put
in some work on this in the next couple of months.   Some family issues
have had me out of this for the last couple of months.
I can't see the sense in putting effort into a Linux PPC Swarm
installation when it should be possible to get it running on Mac OS X
which also supports the other stuff I need for day to day work.

Bill Northcott

                 Darren Schreiber
                  Attorney at Law
                 Graduate Student