Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VC

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VCDImager
Date: 29 Nov 2001 20:27:23 +0100

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 15:49, Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
> > the behaviour for a 100% compliant device when pressing the next button
> > would be quite confusing, e.g. if you had just entered the playlist, and
> > the chapter-0 line is being played while you press the NEXT button every 5
> > seconds you will get the following sequence:
> >
> > 1. from start to 5s
> > 2. from 10s to 15s
> > 3. from 20s to 25s
> > 4. from 30s to 35s
> >
> > 5. from 10s to 15s
> > 6. from 20s to 25s
> > 7. from 30s to 35s
> >
> > 8. from 20s to 25s
> > 9. from 30s to 35s
> >
> > 10. from 30s to 35s
> It seems I've got a 100% compliant DVD-player, while this is the exact kind
> of action it does with me.

> Yes, I use Selection-Lists (PREV=previous chapter, NEXT=next chapter,
> RETURN=menu, TIMEOUT=next chapter).

> To prevent this kind of action, as mentioned by Valerio, should I replace
> the TIMEOUT-value with the 'menu' (where the pbc must go to, when the
> sequence has been played completely)?

but be warned, that if you are in a selection, the 'NEXT' target will
always point to the same chapter! the 'NEXT' target won't get updated to
reflect always the next chapter... but that has been discussed quite
take also a look at michael tam's authoring series webpages...

> If using EndLists, how must I tell the PBC that it must run the <EndList> if
> it must end playing the disk? Should it be entered into a TIMEOUT value?
as soon as the PBC interpreter of the playing device reaches an
<endlist> it should stop playback... you can put it as the list to jump
to if an timeout occurs if you want...

Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 7BB9 2D6C D485 CE64 4748  5F65 4981 E064 883F