vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VC

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VCDImager
Date: 29 Nov 2001 20:27:23 +0100

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 15:49, Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
> > the behaviour for a 100% compliant device when pressing the next button
> > would be quite confusing, e.g. if you had just entered the playlist, and
> > the chapter-0 line is being played while you press the NEXT button every 5
> > seconds you will get the following sequence:
> >
> > 1. from start to 5s
> > 2. from 10s to 15s
> > 3. from 20s to 25s
> > 4. from 30s to 35s
> >
> > 5. from 10s to 15s
> > 6. from 20s to 25s
> > 7. from 30s to 35s
> >
> > 8. from 20s to 25s
> > 9. from 30s to 35s
> >
> > 10. from 30s to 35s
>
> It seems I've got a 100% compliant DVD-player, while this is the exact kind
> of action it does with me.

> Yes, I use Selection-Lists (PREV=previous chapter, NEXT=next chapter,
> RETURN=menu, TIMEOUT=next chapter).

> To prevent this kind of action, as mentioned by Valerio, should I replace
> the TIMEOUT-value with the 'menu' (where the pbc must go to, when the
> sequence has been played completely)?
yes...

but be warned, that if you are in a selection, the 'NEXT' target will
always point to the same chapter! the 'NEXT' target won't get updated to
reflect always the next chapter... but that has been discussed quite
often...

take also a look at michael tam's authoring series webpages...

> If using EndLists, how must I tell the PBC that it must run the <EndList> if
> it must end playing the disk? Should it be entered into a TIMEOUT value?
as soon as the PBC interpreter of the playing device reaches an
<endlist> it should stop playback... you can put it as the list to jump
to if an timeout occurs if you want...

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key