wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] The merits of the Orcish Slurbow

From: Benjamin Drieu
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] The merits of the Orcish Slurbow
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:42:07 +0200

Asa Swain <address@hidden> writes:

> I understand, but I just feel frusterated when I level a unit and
> discover that level 2 is that maximum level. I think it's more fun
> when units and 3 levels of advancement.

I'm the one who proposed first the orcish slurbow, because in my
campaign, I was frustrated that orcs do not have good lvl3 archers.
We then had a discussion regarding this issue that ended in the
slurbow not being adopted.

Then, I played the orcs a lot and finished my campaign.  Now I have to
say that not having a lvl3 archer is fine since orcs rely mainly on
close combat as the core of their strength.  Perhaps people won't like
orcish archers since they can't make then überfighters, but if you
can't level up a unit to lvl3, you still have potential experience
enough to level up 1 or 2 lvl1 units to lvl2 !  In my opinion, orcs
should rely on quantity rather on quality as they have strong and
cheap units.  Not having a good archer is not really a problem if they
manage to have plenty of average archers.

Cheers,
Benjamin

--
o Benjamin Drieu:       address@hidden