wesnoth-dev

Re[2]: [Wesnoth-dev] The merits of the Orcish Slurbow

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: Re[2]: [Wesnoth-dev] The merits of the Orcish Slurbow
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 20:08:53 +0100

I really dislike the fast addition of that unit. There are several
points that i do not like:
1) I don't think that there was enough discussion about adding this
unit.
2) Why was it added while a string freeze was in effect. (The tiltle
of #wesnoth-dev stated quite clear that the freeze is in effect.)
3) Do orks really need a lvl. 3 archer? I do not think so. But I would
also speak in favour of having more ranged-only units. Maybe making
some of the elves ranged-only fighters could be nice, but that is only
an idea.
4) If there is a new Unit, I strongly dislike it having the same
description of a unit in the help for more than only one.
I'd say revert the commit of that unit, recommit it some time after
the release, give us time to test it and than decide if this unit
makes sense.
CU
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic