Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:08:21 +0100

On Feb 18, 2008 10:49 AM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Mathieu,

thanks a lot for the effort you're putting into this :-). It's really
appreciated!

> Finally I have modified the SPEC file and it now builds the RPM :)

Was s/Copyright/License the only thing you had to change? If not,
please send a patch, so I can fix it in CVS.

> > If you chose to use the source from CVS, these errors will be gone
> > (and some actual bugs as well).
> The problem with CVS versions, is that it changes very often, and is
> not always stable...

In case of Adonthell v0.3 this isn't really the case, but if you're
going to submit something to the official Fedora repositories I agree
that it would be better to build from actual tagged releases (how
broken they may be).

> In fact, I'm willing to make the RPMS for adonthell and wastesedge and
> try to make them enter the fedora official repositories. Is that ok ?
> Has someone already initiated an inclusion in Fedora 8 repositories ?

Not that I know of, so that would be really great :-).

> I'll try to rebuild it against CVS version.

Actually, v0.3.5 should be released in a couple of weeks (including a
French translation). So if you could try out the CVS version, then we
can get any changes you might have to make to get it working into that
new version.

Kai