Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Mathieu Bridon
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:16:23 +0100

Le Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:08:21 +0100,
"Kai Sterker" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Feb 18, 2008 10:49 AM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> thanks a lot for the effort you're putting into this :-). It's really
> appreciated!
>

> > Finally I have modified the SPEC file and it now builds the RPM :)
>
> Was s/Copyright/License the only thing you had to change? If not,
> please send a patch, so I can fix it in CVS.
To build 0.3.4, this and the 3 sed calls I had to add at the end of
the %prep section:
sed -i 's/drawing_area:://' src/drawing_area.h
sed -i 's/^#include FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H$//' src/SDL_ttf.c
sed -i 's/stream->memory = library->memory;/stream->memory = NULL;/'
src/SDL_ttf.c

After that it builded.

> > > If you chose to use the source from CVS, these errors will be gone
> > > (and some actual bugs as well).
> > The problem with CVS versions, is that it changes very often, and is
> > not always stable...
>
> In case of Adonthell v0.3 this isn't really the case, but if you're
> going to submit something to the official Fedora repositories I agree
> that it would be better to build from actual tagged releases (how
> broken they may be).
Ok, I hadn't seen the 0.3 branch. I guess it's a bugfix branch, where
the 0.4 is the actual unstable feature adding branch ?

> > In fact, I'm willing to make the RPMS for adonthell and wastesedge
> > and try to make them enter the fedora official repositories. Is
> > that ok ? Has someone already initiated an inclusion in Fedora 8
> > repositories ?
>
> Not that I know of, so that would be really great :-).
Great ! This is my first RPM so it might take some time, but the
Fedora Packaging Guidelines are really strict and helpful for
learning :)

> > I'll try to rebuild it against CVS version.
>
> Actually, v0.3.5 should be released in a couple of weeks (including a
> French translation). So if you could try out the CVS version, then we
> can get any changes you might have to make to get it working into that
> new version.
Ok.

Mathieu