Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:54:16 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Huh ? Wastesedge doesn't need the header files of adonthell for
>  building ? My mistake then. I thought adonthell was a library, so
>  wastesedge would need the binaries to run, and the headers to build...

Waste's Edge is only data and Python scripts. Adonthell v0.3 is a
single binary that is then fed with that data.

For the coming v0.4, any game package will (almost certainly) also be
just data and Python scripts. Adonthell will be split into different
libraries and possibly some sort of graphical launcher for different
games that might be installed.

A devel package of v0.4 would be required to build the tools used to
create the game data, but not for the game data itself. Therefore, the
v0.4 headers and stuff are already installed properly, so at least
this part shouldn't be an issue later.

Kai