Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:00:27 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden> wrote:

>  > A devel package of v0.4 would be required to build the tools used to
>  > create the game data, but not for the game data itself. Therefore, the
>  > v0.4 headers and stuff are already installed properly, so at least
>  > this part shouldn't be an issue later.

>  Do you have any plan for the release date ? (maybe it's a secret :)

There's still a lot of work to be done, both on coding and content
side. There should be a new Alpha release out shortly (mid-March).

That would be a good point then to advertise our search for help to
get at least one (better more) additional developers, two artists and
a writer to get going with a map editor and game content. More about
this in a while, but I thought I might mention it at least briefly.

That said, a playable v0.4 release is too far in the future to give
any concrete release dates.

As mentioned elsewhere, it might be good to go over our roadmap and
add dates for the various milestones, which would also allow to
estimate when v0.4 might be ready. That's something on my list for the
next alpha release too.

>  So the RPM for adonthell is finished. Gotta go make the one for
>  wastesedge now.

Great!

I don't know what the process is for getting it officially included in
Fedora (and I don't know how long it will take). If it takes very
long, we could add them to the download section on the Adonthell
website if you wanted.

Kai