Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:41:27 -0600

On Jan 29, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 09:51 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

Using /dev/midi is the old oss way of doing things. I will test this
also. I wonder if fluidsynth can create an Alsa client for input.
This
is what I was expecting to see.

I use the bit of code in fluid.c

#ifdef OSS_DRIVER
 int success = fluid_settings_setstr(settings, "midi.driver", "oss");
 //g_print("success %d\n", success);
#endif

Would you like me to add support for this in autotools so you can ./ configure --enable-oss-midi or something?

which I put in there because it got it working for me (I define
OSS_DRIVER in the Makefile on the compile line). I didn't do any more
about this as everyone except me seemed happy with fluid's default for
the midi.driver parameter, so I assumed it was just some problem with my
installation (I have another, Debian creates /dev/midi1 not /dev/midi,
and I work around that too).

I will look into this when soon. We should be able to do alsa midi input as well.