Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 15:47:33 +0100

Hi,
I think this is the problem. Why do you compare GNOME environment with
GNUstep toolkit? At least it contradict with the default purpose
(which I don't agree with) of a free Cocoa clone.

Because I don't agree either. However we are a powerful framework, but what's the best way to showcase it if not our own "product"?

In any case, check the homepage of www.gtk.org

It is easy, simple... actually I don't like it too much, but it is clear. It contains to much information, but gives easy access to the goals and to sections of the site. We are not that distant (also because... during the last web-design remake we used that for inspiration...).

It doesn't try to showcase GTK on windows and mac and linux! It doesn't show glade either.

They have a pretty complete screenshot gallery though.

Now I think it is nice to have a few glimpses like we do right now (and we always did).

If it is really preceived as important, we can make a screenshot gallery too. The screenshots on the website are tied to the direct purpose, like showing application X or feature Y.

Perhaps the Wiki could have a screen shot section? That way many members could contribute their different environments, showing our versatility.

If somebody is versed in Wiki, please produce a template so that the screenshots show like a media gallery and enlarge when clicked. I would ask to add, if possible, date, revision, OS and version(s) of the applications so that they can be sorted. For the curious a big choice including history, for the one in hurry a glance on the latest stuff.

Volunteers?
Heck, even www.windows.com directs you to a page that shows possibilities,
not everything. ANd certainly not a shot  of Visual Studio.

Riccardo

same as above.
It was the most extreme example I could think of.

Riccardo