dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Can FSF sponsor Matías

From: Antonio Diaz Diaz
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Can FSF sponsor Matías
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 18:34:11 +0100

Hola Matías,

Matías Fonzo wrote:
at the time, the FSF was requesting money from distributors for using or
distributing GNU software they support, so my request didn't result in
something favorable, let's put it that way.

If you think about it, a sustainable model is that distros receive money from users and pass most of that money to developers (like the GNU project).

Asking developers (or the FSF) to sponsor distros is like asking farmers to give away their produce for free and, in addition, pay to distributors the transport cost plus a profit so that consumers can get the food for free.

I wish the economic situation of Argentina improves soon.

Best regards,
Antonio.