Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError

From: Vera Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:23:05 +0100

Hey Ede,

that's good. i suggest you do so from time to time with your remote backups as well. personally my backups always run a verify after, as my backup sets are pretty small.

In the future I will ;-)

better find out what the actual file size limit is you can upload on Strato HiDrive. this sounds like it might be well below 2GB, the value i found when searching quickly. maybe create some test files with dd (e.g. 500MB, 1GB, 1.5GB ...) and try uploading them with e.g. rcopy or some other webdav backend?

I managed to create the testfiles with dd. Uploading them to HiDrive with the Strato frontend works without problems.

I installed rcopy but according to the manpage I have to start rcopy on a server system, then run rcopy with sourcefile and servername.
I never worked with rcopy before, have no experience with webdav backends.
Could you give me some additional hints how to work it?

regards

Vera