Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError

From: Vera Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:24:17 +0100

Hey ede,

I managed to create the testfiles with dd. Uploading them to HiDrive with the Strato frontend works without problems.

hmm, then maybe raise the size until it doesn't anymore. pretty sure there is a limit.
I will try - but I do have some comprehensive questions:

The largest file duplicity-full-signatures.20230101T155114Z.sigtar.gpg made by the backup on the usb drive has 520,2 MB.

Stupid question 1: My upload test of a test file with 1.5 GB with the Strato frontend was positive - why a 520 MB file should have problems?

Stupid question 2: Why more tests with larger test files to find out the maximum size make sense when the file to be uploaded is alot smaller than the maximum size?

Possible answers:
The maximum size of an uploaded file is higher by uploading with the Strato frontend than by uploading via webdav. The size of a sigtar-file is larger when the backup is done via webdav in comparison with a backup done on an usb drive.

my bad. i meant https://rclone.org/ :) try that.. ede

I will ;-)

Regards
Vera