Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError

From: Vera Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] TimeoutError
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 13:59:12 +0100

Hi all together,

told and done....
Now I tried an upload with sftp and got an error: BackendException: ssh connection to USER@sftp.hidrive.strato.com:22 failed: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.ssh/known_hosts'

I couldn't find a file named known_hosts.

At the manpage http://duplicity.us/stable/duplicity.1.html#url-format the requirements for ssh paramiko backend (default) are paramiko (SSH2 for python) and pycrypto (Python Cryptography Toolkit). So I think to use sftp I have to install these additional components. Correct?

Like always 1000 thanks in advance to everybody helping

Vera