Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:50:38 +0300

On 12.10.2022 09:37, Yuan Fu wrote:
If the user enables eglot, eglot sets menu-create-index-function to
eglot-imenu, overriding major mode’s function.

I suppose it does override that, but are you sure it's always a good idea?

Are Imenu indexes produced by Eglot really better than what we can do with TreeSitter?

IME it doesn't usually need project-wide information, since the menu is local to the current file. Some language servers could be smarter in the way that they recognize some framework-based patterns, which aren't inherent in the language. But the major modes can do that too.