Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 15:34:34 +0200

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> A few weeks ago, I expected we would want to have an Eglot manual, but
> now I think that is the wrong way to organize our documentation.  We
> should organize it by functionalities, each functionality described in
> its proper place in the Emacs manual.

Eglot is available via GNU ELPA, I expect it to continue this parallel
distribution even after merge into Emacs core. This allows shorter
release cycles for bug fixing and new features.

For this very reason it is good to have a separate Eglot manual, in
order to reflect the changes in time.

Best regards, Michael.