Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:59:21 +0100

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 11:51 AM Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:

> On 12.10.2022 09:37, Yuan Fu wrote:
> > If the user enables eglot, eglot sets menu-create-index-function to eglot-imenu, overriding major mode’s function.
> I suppose it does override that, but are you sure it's always a good idea?

I'm not sure that's a productive question, as nothing is ever "always" a good
idea 100%.  But in those cases where one can decide that it's not, Eglot allows
the user or the major mode to override it.  Same as most any other package
configuration linked up by Eglot. See Eglot's manual for details.

João