Re: How to make aot native-compilation and pdmp creation reproduceable

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: How to make aot native-compilation and pdmp creation reproduceable
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 10:39:06 +0000

Hello, Gerd.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 08:21:51 +0200, Gerd Möllmann wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> >     $ configure --with-gpm --with-native-compilation --with-gif=no
> >     --with-tiff=no

> I think he's using --with-native-compilation=aot

Yes.  I've tried it again with aot, and get the same binary twice over.

However, when I build the same source tree in two different directories,
the results differ.  In native-lisp/30.0.50-15c37793, there are ~22 .eln
files differing between the two trees.  As the OP reported, one of the
differing files is native-lisp/30.0.50-15c37793/preloaded/x-win-....eln.

The other pertinent files are: cmacexp, cpp, dictionary, el, erc,
erc-button, erc-nicks, extract, find, grammar, ia, insert, make, mode,
oc-csl, org-habit, ox-html, semantic, srt, tramp-message, utf7 (all
appended with their hex signatures and .eln).

What do these files have in common?  As pure speculation, it may be that
they communicate with external processes, somehow.  Or something like
that.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).