Re: SES manual French translation (Re: Where to contribute manual transl

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: SES manual French translation (Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:32:15 -0800

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traductaire-libre.org>
writes:

>> I think it's fine to use our existing infrastructure for now.
>>
>> If the volume gets too high/distracting, we can consider a separate
>> mailing list for the translation work.
>
> I understand. Thank you. But I don’t think we should expect translators
> discussing translation issues to do that in English. That would be
> weird and not practical.

I didn't think of that, but now that you have mentioned it you are
obviously correct.

Perhaps if the number of such discussions are anyways very small, we
could allow them in our bug tracker.

Where do these types of discussions take place now?  How many are
regularly participating in the French language translation effort?