Re: Emacs manuals translation readme

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Emacs manuals translation readme
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 05:45:07 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> I agree that it seems rather unusual.  I thought we were discussing
>>
>>     doc/translations/fr
>>
>> rather than
>>
>>     doc/fr/
>
> No, we weren't.  You agreed to the doc/fr/ suggestion.

I had to look at the archives, and I think I see where the confusion is
coming from.

I agreed to this:

 . Texinfo sources go into the doc/LANG/ subdirectory, under which
   there should be the same subdirectories 'emacs', 'lispref', misc'
   etc. (we will actually create a directory when the first
   translation of the corresponding English manual will be
   submitted);

For some reason, I didn't understand that LANG was a placeholder for
"de|fr|sv" (which seems obvious now) rather than "lang|translations".

> But anyway, I won't fight if you two prefer doc/translations/fr.  I
> just wanted to set the record straight.

Thanks.