Re: Emacs manuals translation readme

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs manuals translation readme
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:13:01 +0000

> On Feb 18, 2024, at 17:00, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:07:05 +0000
>> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traductaire-libre.org>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> Thank you, Eli.
>>
>> Here are the patches. And comments inline.
>
> Thanks, installed on master.

Eli,

I did not think you'd install the file right away and had sent to
document to a professional proofreader I work with to polish the
wording.

This patch includes her modifications and a few small things I had
added in between.

Would you mind considering the propositions?

> I thought you and Stefan preferred to have the files in
> doc/translations/?  So I moved the files there, and also fixed a few
> minor issues I found in README.

Thank you. It looks like a misunderstanding on our parts.

> So now this stuff is in its place and ready for adding more
> translations.  What is still missing is the Make wizardry to produce
> the translated manuals as part of the build and install then as part
> of "make install".  Patches welcome.  When this is done, we should
> call out the translations in NEWS.

I'll need more time to understand the build process but I'll do my best
to provide a patch, unless somebody does that before me...

Jean-Christophe