Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 18:29:53 +0100

Thanks for the updates!

Regarding the docs - I was thinking of converting them to something like AsciiDoc or org-mode, but that'd require me to find a new way to host them as ReadTheDocs supports only RST and Markdown. That's why I've put this item on the backburner for now. I try to find some time to look into the various conversion option (or generating TexInfo from the current docs).

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, at 6:10 PM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 22/02/2024 18:57, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

>>> That would be very welcome, thanks.
>>
>> All right, I've made the push:
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/commit/

> Here is a more permanent link for posterity:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/commit/?id=7c06709972291413f18b750248b141293415cd42

Thank you.

>> It should build sometime within 24 hours.
>>
>> Bozhidar, see the recipe in the diff, if any exclusions should be
>> added, the syntax is there (and also in the file's commentary at the
>> top).

> Ideally this information shouldn't be tracked in nongnu.git, but in an
> .elpaignore file within the repository.

That's a good point. It would be even better if MELPA supported
.elpaignore too, but either way, adjusting ignores through this file is
usually easier for an external package's maintainer.

>> What could be also added, is a way to build the manual to be included
>> with the package. I'm not sure how easy that would be to do, though,
>> with your current documentation setup.

> It appears they use sphinx, which can generate TeXinfo output[0], though
> I personally would recommend looking into translating the documentation
> into a more standard format like Org or directly to TeXinfo.

> [0] https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/configuration.html#options-for-texinfo-output

Last I read, they decided against TeXinfo due to what format an average
contributor would find easier to use. But anyway, it's up to Bozhidar now.