Docs on ELPA (was Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA)

From: Spencer Baugh
Subject: Docs on ELPA (was Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 11:07:39 -0500

"Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev> writes:
> Thanks for the updates!
>
> Regarding the docs - I was thinking of converting them to something like
> AsciiDoc or org-mode, but that'd require me to find a new
> way to host them as ReadTheDocs supports only RST and Markdown. That's why
> I've put this item on the backburner for now. I try
> to find some time to look into the various conversion option (or generating
> TexInfo from the current docs).

Hm, maybe the web interface for GNU and NonGNU ELPA should support
hosting web-rendered Texinfo manuals?  That would make it easier to
evaluate packages without installing them, and also solve Flycheck's
documentation hosting issue.

Since this would require ELPA to build the Texinfo manuals, perhaps we
could also use this to make a package-view-docs command (or something)
in Emacs which will fetch and view the manual for a package that is not
yet installed.