Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner-Newbie

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner-Newbie
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:56:29 +0000

Andreas Stemmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallo list,
>
> I'm quite new here and just started to do my first things with
> planner-mode (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker). I have a
> general question about the way people on this list use planner, as I'm
> still trying to find the best solution for organizing my day.

I think we're all with you on still trying to find the 'perfect
solution' :)

> I understand that planner is a great solution for those who do
> everything in (X)Emacs (mail, news, ...), but I wonder how helpful it is
> for me or if there are better solutions. So, are there active users with
> a similar setup or do most of you really everthing in emacs?

I approached things in much the same way that you now do (with WinXP as
my platform) - I used emacs for editing, Outlook for
Mail/Calendar/Contacts, Outlook Express for News... but once I
discovered the way that Planner links in with mail/news/diaries, I've
switched all those things to emacs :)

I find my workflow much improved; the only thing I miss is not being
able to sync BBDB (address book) and diary with my PocketPC under
windows (ironically, I think it's supported under linux :)

Chris

--
Chris Parsons