Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How I started using Planner

From: Andreas Stemmer
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How I started using Planner
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:31:08 +0100

Sacha Chua wrote:
I only look like I'm productive.

Would be enough for me, too!

Seriously, I procrastinate like
everyone else (and probably a little more). I just happen to keep a
lot of little tasks lying around so that I can work on something fun
while procrastinating. Structured procrastination. Right. That's what
it's called. ;)

Hehe, good and effective concept!

I wonder if there's a way we can make your life easier... <muses>
Something that uses emacsclient to call planner-create-task, perhaps?

I don't know if there's something similar to emacsclient for Xemacs. But I don't care at the moment. Could well be that I decide to switch my email-client soon anyway (at the moment Evolution at home and Thunderbird at work). Yesterday the batteries of my wireless mouse were flat and I didn't have replacements at my fingertips. I just realized that it's a PITA to use Evolution without mouse.

A little bit OT, but is there an easy way to find out which keys are already bound to a certain function? Of course I can press them and see what happens or use M-? C-k, but it would be easier to have some kind of overview.

M-x where-is   ?
Also, you can use C-h m    to find out most of the key assigments for the
current mode.

Another friendly user suggested C-h b which is exactly what I wanted. Apparently his/her answer didn't reach the mailing list only me.

No prob. I think Planner's user community is its coolest feature.
(look! all these wonderful people sharing nifty hacks!) I love it when
people give Planner a try. I hope we can get Planner to fit you really
well. =)

I hope I'll soon be able to give the community something back.

Andreas