[emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner-Newbie

From: Andreas Stemmer
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner-Newbie
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:41:39 +0100

Hallo list,

I'm quite new here and just started to do my first things with planner-mode (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker). I have a general question about the way people on this list use planner, as I'm still trying to find the best solution for organizing my day.

At the moment I use Evolution as mail client and address book on my main computer and XEmacs as general text editor for programming and writing TeX stuff. I discovered planner when I was searching for a convenient way to take notes and manage todo lists in emacs, because I like the simple textfile approach which allows easy handling, searching and editing. I also had a look at notes-mode, but development seems to be dead which could mean that noone actually uses it any more.

I understand that planner is a great solution for those who do everything in (X)Emacs (mail, news, ...), but I wonder how helpful it is for me or if there are better solutions. So, are there active users with a similar setup or do most of you really everthing in emacs?

Thank you
Andreas