[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:09:26 -0800

Hi all,

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

>> Anyway, I would very much welcome some autoload declarations (either
>> in a separate file, or in the usage comments): they would make planner
>> and emacs-wiki much lighter in use.  (And no, I wouldn't call _that_
>> an extra feature ;-)
>
> There's a planner-auto that might be useful, although I haven't really
> focused on that. <muses> There was that tool for dumping autoloads,
> right?

I was thinking something similar the other day - lots of planner
functionality gets buried in auxiliary files that are not loaded
automatically.  I don't know how I feel about this, as it puts the
onus on the user to load upwards of a dozen modules.  In gnus, for
instance, all is loaded, and turned on or off with variables.  It
makes finding functionality a matter of browsing variable lists rather
than going to the lisp directory and seeing what is there.

This isn't a strong preference, but it is something to consider.  It
would mean many of the modules would need extra variables to turn
them on or off.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/