Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:03:57 +0000

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:
> It seems to me that
>
> 1) planner-id could be made standard
> 2) the existing task code could be changed to work via planner-id,
> 3) more than pairs of tasks could be edited at a time.

I'm in agreement with this. Anyone else care to share opinions? Does
anyone have a reason for not to use planner-id?

As an alternative, we could always add the code to planner-id, or make
planner-multiple.el which required planner-id... However, I'm more in
favour of the integration, simply because I suggest that this is a core
implementation decision not an extra feature.

> OTOH, I must admit that I have reservations about adding a lot of
> "project management" features.  But maybe it can be (or has been) done
> in a relatively simple manner?

I'm not sure that this is a 'project management' feature... I would
describe it as more of a 'freeing planner from the arbitrary constraint
of one plan-page' feature. I don't believe it contradicts the (very
valid) concerns expressed elsewhere on this list of making planner too
feature-heavy.

Chris