[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:03:30 +0900

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

> To me, there is some joy to having a limited system.  The system
> constrains you to think in a certain way, and that means you have to
> put less effort into organizing your thoughts.  A lot of people here
> categories.  However, I wonder if there is any *practical* use to

Far be it from me to dictate One True Way of planning, or even Several
True Ways. ;) If I wanted a limited system, I'd have used any number
of the todo-list-only programs out there. What I like about Planner is
the fact that I can try to make it follow my way of planning as
closely as possible.

People suggest things that make sense in the context of their personal
planning method. Whether it makes sense to everyone else is a
different question, and something I don't think planner should judge
judge. <laugh> I think of planner as a great platform for
experimenting with little tweaks like that. What difference does it
make if, a few weeks down the line, you decide not to use multiple
categories / accomplishment reports / <weird planner feature> any
more? At least you'll have been able to experiment with it, and you've
gained more insights into your planning process. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed