[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:15:30 +0900

address@hidden writes:

> I can see that there's a point in extensions and ideas, but I expect
> that one day a big redesign will be required.  It would be a pity if
> Planner would go under due to featurism.  I think that it should

So far, everything we've added fits into and hasn't required a major
redesign. I promise to avoid breaking anyone's current way of working
as much as possible. I don't think we've actually broken anything in
the past on purpose. =)

<sheepish grin> I suppose the fact that I break Planner tasks down
into really tiny tidbits can be somewhat reassuring. I don't have the
brainspace for a major redesign.

> much of the simplicity is lost. ... Or both are developed, with
> conversion routines between the two ;-).

I think that binary data or a complicated data structure is the wrong
way to go, at least for Planner. In fact, if we could make planner
data files even more unstructured, all the better.

> Anyway, I would very much welcome some autoload declarations (either
> in a separate file, or in the usage comments): they would make planner
> and emacs-wiki much lighter in use.  (And no, I wouldn't call _that_
> an extra feature ;-)

There's a planner-auto that might be useful, although I haven't really
focused on that. <muses> There was that tool for dumping autoloads,
right?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed