[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-trunk question

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-trunk question
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:38:18 -0800

Keith Amidon <address@hidden> writes:
> I use the following defadvice, which I like, but your mileage may vary...
>
>  (defadvice planner-sort-tasks-maybe (before my-planner-trunk activate)
>    "Trunk tasks before sort automatically if sorting is automatic"
>    (when planner-sort-tasks-automatically
>      (planner-trunk-tasks)))

Thanks, Keith, I will give that a try.

> A *big* word of warning here... planner-trunk, and planner in general,
> do not deal with hidden outline subsections well.

I'll consider myself warned.  A thought (probably unhelpful) related
to this: I'd like it if an outline mode worked the way topic mode in
Gnus works where you can kit return on a heading to toggle its
show/hide state.

For my purposes, I don't need full outlines in plan pages... rather
I'm interested in being able to hide sections (like completed tasks).

Perhaps a more restricted show/hide feature set would be easier to
integrate into planner (if it exists, etc).

Anyhow, thanks for trunk-tasks.  I'm really liking it.

Best,

+ seth