Re: [fluid-dev] OSC support

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] OSC support
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 06:07:18 -0700 (PDT)

> On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, Peter Eastman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I didn't come here to argue.  I'm suggesting ways to
> make FluidSynth a
> better program.  If you don't want my help or ideas,
> just say so and
> I'll go away.
>
> Peter

The way Pedro wants is for Fluidsynth to support:

   SoundBlaster Soundfont specs from 16th Century.
   Roland GS MIDI extension from 17-th Century.

That it!!!

God forbid any support for

   MIDI specs
   Yamaha XG MIDI extension
   MIDI-2 specs
   OSC

you are on your own, dude!!!

Yeah, I tried to submit a patch for generic Yamaha XG sound banks selection so
it can support 128 x 128 banks of 128 instruments per bank in XG-mode (some bit
and pieces already in place for partial XG-mode operation).

   "No way!!!  Go away!!!  SoundBlaster soundfont specs only allow 128 banks of
128 instruments"  --  That's what I get from Pedro and David.

When ask about MIDI specs support for MSB (128 selections) and LSB (128
selections) for sound banks, they didn't have an answer.  They simply ignored
it.

Heard of the "Soup Nazi" joke?  This is the "SoundBlaster Soundfont Nazi" here.
 Not in the Soundfont specs?  No sounds for you!!!  No where near the "old,
old" Roland GS specs for Win95/Win98 sound card hardware?  No sounds for you!!!

To hell with MIDI specs, let alone MIDI-2, or anything else new.

Jimmy