Re: Testing framework

From: sarthak bhardwaj
Subject: Re: Testing framework
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 12:44:11 +0530

> but still confused over the thing that whether we have to follow the
> traditional method all the time i.e. xvfbRunAndScreenShot, and check
> some enhancement in it itself, or we have to do it manually all the
> time or student need to figure it out by themselves a suitable
> substitute of it?

I don't understand what you want to say.  What do you mean with
'manually'?  What is the 'traditional method'?  Note that my
misunderstanding might be caused by language barriers, so please
elaborate.
I am sorry for the confusion, I mean to say that as Alexei have suggested us to run it directly ,by not using Xvfb and capturing the screenshot by pressing simply [P], that is giving us the .png file saved in same directory.
 I think this is what you use to test it in a manual way.

my question is that as the goal is to have a CI script for the gitlab instance of 'freetype.org' thats gets called automatically and will process the whole thing of checking graphical difference.
So do we need to follow up with the same technique that is by running it directly and capturing screenshots manually all the time or we need to have some changes in xvfbRunAndScreenShot itself to make it more efficient, or do we need to swap out the xvfb commands with some other taking xvfb out of the way..