Re: Testing framework

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: Testing framework
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 07:34:04 -0400

Hi Sarthak,

Do you have ftview and ftgrid working, either installed from your
distribution package or compiled? I want to make sure that you tried
it and know how they work.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 3:14 AM sarthak bhardwaj
<1sarthakbhardwaj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sorry for the confusion, I mean to say that as Alexei have suggested us
> to run it directly ,by not using Xvfb and capturing the screenshot by
> pressing simply [P], that is giving us the .png file saved in same directory.

It is much faster to use ftview and ftgrid in batch mode, which is
invoked by -k followed by keypress sequence ending with q, for
example, -kPq. This way you do not have to waste time creating a
window on the screen and using Xvfb. It is also platform independent..

But again, have you seen how ftview and ftgrid work yet?

Alexei