gchempaint-main

Re: [Gchempaint-main] GChemPaint 0.8.5 released COMPRESSED ATTACHMENT

From: Francesco Pietra
Subject: Re: [Gchempaint-main] GChemPaint 0.8.5 released COMPRESSED ATTACHMENT
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 01:28:36 -0800 (PST)

Hope that with compressed attachment it is OK.

Hi Jean:

gnome-doc-utils.pc was in place. What was lacking was pkg-config

Now installed

$ which pkg-config
/usr/bin/pkg-config

That done, ./configure was still unhappy: there was no XML:: Parser per module.

Now

# apt-get install libxml-parser-perl

./configure

was still unhappy. Last portion of terminal:

Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
cheking for GCP... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.8.0
libglade-2.0 >= 2.4.0 libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.6.0 libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.6.0
gnome-vfs-module-2.0 >= 2.6.0 gcu >= 0.8.0) were not met.

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed
software in a non-standard prefix. Alternatively, ypu may set the envoronment
variables GCP_CFLAGS and GCP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg_config.

The config.log related to the above ./configure attempt is attached.
-----------------------------

I did some search for the missing packages

---Unable to trace exactly gtk+-2.0 under this name or about that.

---libglade2.0 1:2.6.0-4 is installed (dev not).

---libgnomeprintui2.2.0 is installed (dev not).

---libgnomeui-0 is installed. libgnome32 is available for installation. No dev
installed.

---gnome-vfs-module-2.0 not available under this name. Available for
installation is  gnome-vfs-extfs. Installed is libgnome2-vfs-perl 1.060-1 (dev
not).

---As to gcu, libgcu0 0.6.3-3 is installed, dev not. No more recent version
available on etch.

In summary, the unavailability of >= 0.8.0 for gcu seems to me to be a hard
issue. Therefore, I am waiting until your examination of this information
before installing the "dev" libraries.

I am giving a lot of troubles with my not updated Debian. You may understand,
however, that the computational programs (both ab initio and MD) are not kept
updated with libraries. This means that changing now to Debian sid would break
all my computational packages (and parallel support). Couple that to my very
scarce ability as system maintainer, and perhaps you may accept my reasons.

Hope that gchempaint may be brought to functioning on etch. I am close to
writing a paper. It would be great to present gchempaint to the editor

Thanks a lot

francesco

http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gchempaint/0.8/gchempaint-0.8.5.tar.bz2

http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gchempaint/0.8/gchempaint-0.8.5.tar.gz