Re: [glob2-devel] money for volunteers for net-rewrite?

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] money for volunteers for net-rewrite?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 16:03:05 +0100

I was never talking about hiering someone new to do our job. full time jobs will be out
of question as long as not like 10 000 games are played each day. I just want to be able
to attract new people and motivate old ones by paying like 200$ for the team/person that
manages to get the damn net-code runnning including some technique like "game is out
of sync! please vote who's game version to continue to play. none voters will be replaced
by aiwarrush."

in other words i want to enable people with no programming skills at all to
contribute to glob2.

So on our site there would be some section "tasks":

task                     responsible        checkpot
ainicowar                genixpro [join in] 0 [paypal]
net rewrite              [join in]          150$ [paypal]
improve desync behaviour [join in]          50$ [paypal]
random maps              giszmo [join in]   0 [paypal]
[your task/wish]

with a clear description on every task.

my only question is, who decides if a job was done right and who gets how much
money then. i guess that would have to be a person with a certain idea of how
much the contribution helped glob2 on the long term. so he would have to
evaluate the readability of the code as well as the stability.

greetz Leo Wandersleb