Re: [glob2-devel] money for volunteers for net-rewrite?

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] money for volunteers for net-rewrite?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:50:21 -0800

my thoughts:

yay:
- extracting the network code and turning it into a library, or using an existing one - give great kudos to all the devs for how far the project has gone so far, Steph, Nuage, Bradley, and any I missed (if I were to try and include everyone, this email would get rather large)
- keep moving forward on all avenues
- more advertisement elsewhere and getting it included in distributions
- me helping soon since finals end next week :)

nay:
- ads of any sort
- rely on Bradley to do so much, he's human and needs a life too you know Leo

later:
- bounties (if we need advice on how to set it up, we can always ask ubuntu, they have a nice system setup)

stats for this month:
- ~450 unique visitors per day
- 1802 users registered with YOG
- the latest windows release has been downloaded 371 times so far
- the rpm has been downloaded 15 times
- the debian package has been download 13 times

last month:
- 9991 unique visitors
- 1707 people downloaded the windows release
- 925 people downloaded the debian release
- 534 people downloaded the source
- 95 people downloaded the rpm
(numbers may be on the low side for the downloads as I don't have enough time to keep grep'ing for all the different files, excluding bots, etc)

other statistics:
- spambot registration has dropped 80% since ion_bidon and I implemented the new registration system (mostly ion)
- spambot effectiveness after registering has dropped 98%
- 46.7% of all statistics are useless :P

cheers,
Kyle