Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information

From: Erik Søe Sørensen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 03:42:34 +0200

Stéphane Magnenat skrev:

Running glob2 with GL leads to a low CPU usage, so I don't think that concretely Sprite::getW is much of an issue. I think that maintaining a coherent architecture for libgag from a software design point of view is more important than some minor speed optimization.
Don't worry - I know that virtual methods are a design decision, and that they should not be devirtualized on a whim. I merely wanted to see if there were compelling reasons to consider changing it, given that getW on that test run appeared to take 8% of the total time (which seemed to me rather a lot for a simple accessor call).

- And the result was that, no, there doesn't seem to be reason to consider it. :-)

/Erik