Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:13:19 +1200

> Running valgrind today paid off, I think - one significant (i.e. memory-corrupting) bug and one memory leak (0.4MB leaked in a relatively short run) found & fixed :-)

Wow. Very nice job. Was that what you commited?

> Well, thank you for the effort, but I'm not sure these virtualized timings say much. They won't correspond to running the game on a machine's 'real' OS... the virtualization software influences the measurements.

Very well. I'll run it on my Linux computer (non virtualized) and a gaming system I should point out..................

Here you go: http://dl.sv.nongnu.org/releases/glob2/profiling.tar.bz2

Those are the new results. Much different. Perlin and clouds seem to dominate?

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/