Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Erik: My Profiling Information
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:04:29 +0200

> Looks like you use a small Taylor polynomials for cos and calculate it using
> the
> Horner scheme.  I don't think this can be made faster.

Oh, you don't.  I only saw a small polynomial in place of cos.

More suggestions:

We could use a faster random generator.
We could reuse random numbers from the game part of glob2,
because dependence between game and graphics wouldn't make
clouds uglier.  Only game random numbers must not rely on graphics
random numbers, but the other way round it's OK.
We could use a queue (may with limited maximum size).
When we create a game random number, we put it also into that
queue.  If we pull a graphics random number, we pull it from that
queue.  Unless the queue is empty.  In this case we have to create
a graphics random number.  We can't use this for game decisions,
because it is not synced and must not be, because not everyone
uses high graphics details.

--
Kai Antweiler