Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin

From: Pat Galea
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:08:36 +0100

John Meinel wrote:
I think using 8.3 filenames in the win32 port will probably be okay. You still have the problem that trying to delete your working directory with Explorer will fail. I'm not sure how to work around that. Maybe a tla command "nuke {arch}".

Shouldn't be too hard to write a simple "dellong.exe" that will recursively delete a tree containing deep paths. (In fact, I've already written a very basic one in VC++ for this very purpose of deleting working directories.)

If you made it into an explorer plugin, it'd be available on the context menu too.

pg
--
Pat Galea
address@hidden