Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 16:39:04 -0500

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:32:20 -0400, Aaron Bentley
<address@hidden> wrote:
> John Meinel wrote:
> > Also important is a Mac port of tla. I don't know if Mac has the same
> > path limitations that win32 has.
>
> HFS+ has similar length limitations, but it can be made case-insensitive.

That is one of the main reasons I believe there is still value is
something like =dirnames at the protocol level even though the 8.3
filename mangling is currently faster.

There may be a better solution than =dirnames, but I have not been
creative enough to discover it.