Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:34:25 +0200

> > - IMO the US has been a fascistic state for half a century! I don't
> > like
> > Bush but I stopped being a dreammer as soon as as became politicaly"
> > (more) mature and that was long before bush

>    You've never lived or experienced a fascist state if you truly think
> that. In Iran people get beaten & jailed for talking about having fair
> elections.
50 years ago, black were beaten to death because they talked to a white
girl or wanted to have equal rights.  I'm sorry Pierce but you have been
taking us for idiots long enough. Open your eyes and stop talking about
other when the subject is about you. You might not feel that the US is
fascistic towards its people but I think it is towards the world.

> > - I'm afraid that there are few US citizens ready for a discussion
> > with ,say, europeans because they (most often and there are great
> > exception) are on the defensive all the time (I wonder why).
>
>    Because its a lot of work to read enough history, culture and
> political
> studies to be able to counteract some of the common European memes.

Which are? you seem to know more about us then we know ourselves.

> > - Want to compare with europeans, let's start comparing bombs amounts
> > and
> > usage, attentats, terrorist activities, support for fascistic states,
> > military support, falsness, comitment to ideas that are only because
> > of the financial aspect (we can skip Irak (you  can't even fool
> > yourselves anymore on that one)),
>
>  I can. I think going into Iraq was the right thing to do. How we
> presented it to the world was terrible, but that's a different issue.

This is exactly the kind of answers that piss me off. You should work for
Bush because you master the "denial" technique better than he does. Do you
think it was a good idea to invade Irak because it could use the weapons
you sold it to attack you?

> > (sorry I don't have the source) , 70% of the europeans think that the
> > most dangerous man in the world is Bush (I am and that's because I
>> think he is a fascist).
>
>  Just because someone thinks something doesn't make it true. That
> could mean that Bush truly is the most dangerous man in the world,
> or it could mean that
> he gives the impression of being a loose cannon.

Saddam also gave the impression to be a loose canon but in fact was a nice
guy that had quite a lot of pals in the US. Maybe someone should invade
you, kill your people, steal your oil and beat your people in jails for
you to understand the question. Where are the WMD and all other nasty
stuff? Still think it was worth killing 10K+ people to prove nothing.

> We don't have to be perfect: The US is often looked to as an honest
> broker, not
> because we're truly honest, but often just because we're the best from
> a list of bad choices.

The one that sees the US as anything close to honnest is a fool. I think
you (Pierce) are either taking this as a joke or are completely brain
washed.

I would have prefered to argue with a Bush lover (hell it would have been
nice to hear their political opinion) than with you because I believe you
to be false! Thanks to the two or three "real mails" (IMHO of course),
that some (other) guys wrote, this thread wasn't completely useless. What
I was looking for was feelings and description of lifes some Us guys have
so I could understand better how it is to be one of you and try to
understand how your society works (and still have hope after, which I
still do ) not empty rethoric which main point was to go from the primary
subject (though you are right, more than 10 focused answers are difficult
to achieve but you diverged quicker than that)

Happy voting to all of you, Nadim.