Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:18:34 +0200

> I won't proffer any explanation for your behavior.  But I've lost
> any expectation of a reasonable discussion with someone who flat
> out denies writing something they had just written a couple hours
> earlier.

Robert, please accept my apologies (gosh I hate being wrong!), I did write
what you reported and I miserably failed to find it in my own mail (and I did
search thorowly, I just completely missed one of the mails :-(

I as wrote in a previous mail, I confused Rumsfeld and Cheney. The billions
are still right and you pay for them.

> I'll just get to the obvious conclusion:  you're making
> assertions about things for which you have no evidence.

I didn't even try to let you think that I had evidence. It seems to me you
took this as if I had knowledge of some secrets or bank transfers to
swisserland but I don't. My opiniated reasonment tell me that when so much
money is spend you should be wanting to have all the numbers spelled out for
you.

> I'd also point out the irony in the remarkable symmetry between
> your mindset and some in the Bush adminstration, who behaved very
> similarly to you in their evaluation of the situation in Iraq.
> Moving into strict opinions, I believe your general mindset is
> even more wrongheaded the Pierce's, and that is an accomplishment.

I would have been an accomplishment if I continued denying.

I understand your disapointment but please do not mix me with the Bush
administration completely lunatic actings. But I still appreciate your
analysis. Complete denial of facts, eluding things (that's more Pierce piece
of cake) etc.. are very much what some people think the bush administration
did (specialy after not finding WMD).

My point was (I may finaly get something done today) to shift from the general
political discussion that lead nowhere and start talking economics and money.
It might come as a surprise to you but I wouild very much like to see the US
tax money spend on scholarships and better health care (all of this in the US
the world will find it's way) than on missiles.

if you feel you want to continue the "economic' discussion (where I do have
more questions than answers, question I believe you should be asking since I
can't) at the general level. I'd be glad to chat with you.

Cheers, Nadim.