Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:54:02 -0700

I'll just get to the obvious conclusion:  you're making
assertions about things for which you have no evidence.

I didn't even try to let you think that I had evidence. It seems to me you
took this as if I had knowledge of some secrets or bank transfers to
swisserland but I don't. My opiniated reasonment tell me that when so much money is spend you should be wanting to have all the numbers spelled out for
you.

 The reason _I_ find the assertions with no evidence annoying
is that its very distracting. I have a lot of criticisms of the
Bush administration, and US foreign policy in general, but its
seems like whenever I discuss this with anyone, I first have to
dispel all the nonsense that has accumulated about why Bush is an
evil imperialistic bastard in order to talk about what I consider
the _real_ reasons Bush is an evil imperialistic bastard.

 So we go round and round about whether Rumsfeld is a crook or not
instead of talking about something interesting.

 Bob was right on when he said:

I would ask you to think about who told you should
believe them, or who led you to believe them, and maybe you
should ask yourself what the motivation of those influences were,
that you were deceived into believing them?  Then it is possible
(not likely, granted) you may start applying a mirror to some of
your own logic about who believes what, and why, and who is
asking the right questions of whom.

I think you know the following things:

  1. The US was attacked on 9/11.
  2. This led Bush to make a questionable decision about Iraq.
  3. _parts_ of the left in the US have accused Bush of doing
     this because of oil/money/evil this has mostly gone
     unanswered, because even before WMD weren't found, the
     explanations for going into Iraq seemed hollow.

  Everything else is just conjecture from various sources.

  So instead of throwing out these accusations about the US or
Bush, and my defending them, lets try to work together to discuss
something we can both agree on and build from there.

 For instance, do you think the UN needs reform?

 Pierce