Re: [Gnu-arch-users] changes: tree shows no revisions in version ?

From: Andrei A. Voropaev
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] changes: tree shows no revisions in version ?
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:33:22 +0100

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 07:24:19AM -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
> Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >We have modified files in the project tree. Now I want to see the changes
> >and run 'tla changes' at the top of the tree. I get back
> >
> >$ tla changes
> >
> >changes: tree shows no revisions in version
> > tree: /home/sm/dev/projects/proj-r4
> > version: address@hidden/proj-r4--pre1--0.18
> >
> >What shall I do next to figure out the problem?
> >
> >Andrei
> >

> How did you get your working tree? Is this a newly created tree (where
> you run tla init-tree), or is it something that you checked out?

I've checked it out.

> If this is a tree that you checked out, it sounds like you deleted some
> patch logs inside the {arch} directory (probably accidentally).

Nope. All patch-log files seem to be in place.

$ cat ./++default-version
address@hidden/proj-r4--pre1--0.18

$ ls
++default-version  ,,inode-sigs  old-smdc  ++pristine-trees  proj-r4
=tagging-method

$ ls proj-r4/proj-r4--pre1/proj-r4--pre1--0.18/address@hidden/patch-log/
base-0  patch-1

But there's someting strange about it. The final directory before the
'patch-log' has name that differs from the archive name in
++default-version. Can it be the source of the problem? If yes, then can
I simply change ++default-version to the value preceding patch-log?

Andrei