Re: [Gnu-arch-users] changes: tree shows no revisions in version ?

From: Gustavo Córdova Avila
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] changes: tree shows no revisions in version ?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:23:36 -0600

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

Well. It took me quite a few tries before I've figured this out. If
assigning different name to archive is so dangerous, then why is it
allowed? And if it is allowed, then why later usage of alternative name
leads to problems?

Andrei

Well, for one thing, you might know just what you're doing,
and tla is eminently flexible in that account, it lets you
shoot yourself in the foot --IF you don't know what you're
doing--.

I've read somewhere on this group that tla is probably meant
to be as a back-end for other UI tools, which might be a bit
more stringent at applying certain rules; maybe someone else
can be more thorough than me on this issue.

Me, I find tla's "do what you want, it's you're life" attitude
refreshing, I absolutely hate when a tool starts applying
artificial restrictions and treating me (it's user) as an
ignoramus; we all start as such, but we learn, and having a
restrictive tool takes away the delight of learning, because
then your tools don't fit quite as nicely as before, so,
IMO, tla "does the right thing".

-gus