Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 03:37:05 -0500

   [...] I don't insist on the version numbering, though.  GNU 0.1
   would be way better than pseudo-GNU 7.0.

That would be quite confusing, since we already have had GNU 0.1, 0.2,
and 0.3.

   Other people like Karl, Josh, and even RMS himself, have been
   calling it "the Guix distribution". [...]

Because GUIX is both a distribution and a package manager, so says the
maintainer of GUIX and so says the web pages for GUIX.  It is also a
distribution of the GNU system, just like gNewSense is also a
distribution of the GNU system.

   Please, report the incorrect usage of the term "Guix" if you happen to
   come across them.

That isn't true, GUIX is both a package manager, and a distribution.