Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:42:06 -0200

Em Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:17:46 -0500
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> escreveu:

> Your messgae has a hectoring tone.

I'm sorry if it sounded to you like that, but I sincerely didn't mean
it that way.

> It makes an attack based on an argument that is not really
> valid, because it stretches links that don't really meet.

I have no intention of attacking anyone on this list, let alone you.
I can't understand your complaint very well, however, because it's a
little bit laconic.

> It takes the attitude that I must I justify my decisions
> to your satisfaction -- which I don't have to do.

No, please, don't get that idea.  You *don't* own me any
justification, let alone to my own satisfaction.

> It is not the first time.

I'm sorry, it was not my intention.

> Please stop acting that way on our lists.

I'm here in good faith, really trying to help GNU, and I can't express
how much that means to me.

I really have tried, but it seems I've failed in expressing my ideas
without offending you.  It seems that even in good faith, I'm not free
to express my ideas without exempting you from what you might
misinterpret as arrogance or hectoring tone towards yourself.  Right
now, I don't know exactly how to proceed.

On the particular subject of free software and the GNU project, saying
what I believe to be right to the one person who has taught me --- to
a great extent --- what I believe to be right, turned out to not be
what I expected.  I feel bad for that.

I admire you, but now I'm afraid of arguing with you.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;