Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:41:05 -0200

Em Fri, 21 Nov 2014 03:37:05 -0500
address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) escreveu:

> That would be quite confusing, since we already have had GNU 0.1, 0.2,
> and 0.3.

It was just a hypothetical reference.

> Because GUIX is both a distribution and a package manager, so says the
> maintainer of GUIX and so says the web pages for GUIX.

No, it's not.  I won't repeat the rationale, though.  You can find it
yourself in the archives of this very mailing list.

> It is also a distribution of the GNU system, just like gNewSense is
> also a distribution of the GNU system.

How can one single thing be two different things?  There are also
relevant strategical reasons to not conflate both.  But I guess you'd
not be interested.

> That isn't true, GUIX is both a package manager, and a distribution.

Only in your peculiar world of imagination where two closely related
things are always only one.  Right there, where the GNU project is the
FSF and GNU is not different of Guix.

I've told you before, I'm telling you again: you have problems making
your reasoning work on similar, but distinct, concepts without
conflating them.  Your analogies are faulty and your definition of the
single parts often equates to the whole.  I need not tell you that
that's not good for a rational argumentation.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;